13 September 2009

Letter to Lex

Gentlemen and Zillah,

Sad news: Maharet has apparently left the Lex fold. I have no doubt that the Infernals are behind it-Lamia, Imri, Amducious-as yet another step in their plans to break Nadia's mind.

Nadia seems convinced that Maharet is gone. For good. Maybe she's right. If what Nadia says it right, Maharet left to join with our sworn enemies.

She was the closest thing I had to a granddaughter…

If she's gone then we've to focus on those that ain't gone.

I found Nadia at my caravan, she had escaped when I was patrolling the parklands outside the Ravenswick estate after Maharet told her that she was leaving. She seemed suicidal. It was necessary to use a birch wand to sedate her. Moris, I'll make sure she's safe. I've convinced Mr. Zemke under threat of grave physical harm he's to move the carnival immediately to France.

They've taken one closest to us. It's the oldest strategy in the book, divide et impera.

We must draw together. Consolidate our losses.

For Maharet, for Nadia, and the promise of vengeance,

Rowane de'Dannan

No comments: